The Hampshire County Arts Council (HCAC) is pleased to announce the first annual Hampshire Highlands Arts & Music Festival to be held on Saturday, September 22 in Romney and Capon Bridge, WV. A fun day is planned for art and music lovers, foodies, history buffs, and children. Additional activities will take place Sunday, September 23.
Saturday In Romney at the Gazebo (S. High Street by Taggart Hall):
- About 15 juried artists will set up around the Gazebo as well as in the adjacent Hampshire Co-op. Artists will be doing demos, talking about and selling their art from 10 am – 5 pm. **In the event of rain, these artists will be in the Hampshire County Co-op & Artisans Market on S. Marsham St.)
- Music will be part of the day starting at 11 am at the Gazebo, ranging from the new Hampshire County Ukulele Club to professional bands such as Hay Fever and Glory Bound Bluegrass.
- **In the event of rain, the music will be presented in the Hampshire County Co-op & Artisans Market on S. Marsham St.)
- Food vendors will provide a variety from BBQ to ices for foodies.
- Also in the area will be youth activities, including various arts & crafts, sidewalk chalk drawing, etc.
- A Geocaching Competition with prizes will be of interest to adults and youth alike.
- From noon to 3 pm, there will be guided historic walking tours.
Saturday evening at The Bottling Works, Romney:
- As evening approaches, the fun moves to The Bottling Works with a Jazz Concert with Marion Mich & Company from 5-7pm. BBQ will be available for purchase.
- At 7:30, the music and dancing begin with The Flashbacks. Tickets are still available at the low price of $8 for HCAC members and $10 for non-HCAC members.
- Concerned with the late night? Discount room packages are available from the South Branch Inn which includes the concert, and an extended package which includes a Potomac Eagle Train ride on Sunday. Details available at https://hampshirearts.org/check-out-the-special-festival-package-deals/ . Koolwink Motel is also offering a discount on the second night stay.
Also Saturday around Hampshire County:
- In Capon Bridge
- Liberty View Quilt Shop – 20% Discount off Sales
- The River House – “Art for All,” Banjo workshop and Banjo Concert with Lydia Martin ($)
- In Romney
- Docent-led hike of Ice Mountain Preserve in North River Mills at 9 am.
- Rubber Duck race on the South Branch River at 2836 S Branch River Road from 1 – 3 pm.
- Includes Music, Food, and Scarecrow Building Contest
For further call 304-298-3039.