HAMPSHIRE HIGHLANDS ARTS & MUSIC FESTIVAL
September 14, 2019 in Romney, WV
General Participation Information
The Hampshire County Arts Council (HCAC) is sponsoring the 2019 Hampshire Highlands Arts and Music Festival (HHA&M) on Saturday, September 14, 2019. Artists and artisans of handmade, original, quality work are invited to set up a table or canopy/table and show and sell items at the festival.
Most activities will be located in Romney in the grassy area next to Taggert Hall, around the Gazebo, and on S. High Street. Some artists and activities will be located in the Co-op and some demos will be located in Taggert Hall. Musical groups and choirs will perform from 10a – 5:45p in the Gazebo with food vendors, children’s activities, and the artists/artisans located along the perimeter. The day will conclude with The Super Club performance in The Co-op from 6-8 pm. (Note: All activities/booths will move into Taggert Hall and the Co-op should weather dictate.)
Returning Artists – artisans who have previously shown or sold in HCAC Fine Art Show, Hampshire Highland Studio Tour, Art in Public Places, The Hampshire County Co-op, The River House, or Tamarack will be automatically accepted.
New Artists – new artisans must provide a brief description of your art and a few pictures. HCAC fosters the creation, presentation, and enjoyment of the arts in our community. Only artisans producing handmade, original, quality work will be accepted.
To register as a participating artist, please submit your Artist Agreement and fee by July 26, 2019. Your location assignment at the festival and set-up times will be communicated by September 2nd.
$10 for HCAC or Co-op Members
$25 for Non-Members
Hampshire Highlands Arts & Music Festival – 2019 ARTIST SUBMISSION
Artists will agree to the following:
- Complete OnLine or Mail-In submission and payment no later than July 29, 2019
- Share Hampshire Highlands Arts & Music Festival (HHA&M) information with other interested artists to help expand the HHA&M Festival participation.
- Help distribute the HHA&M Festival booklet and flyers and other promotional information to friends, customers, businesses, and other appropriate community locations.
- Allow HCAC to take pictures of art and/or artist at the HHA&M Festival for the use of print and electronic promotional media by Hampshire County Arts Council.
- To set up your area/table and be “open for business” by 9:30 am on September 14, and start taking down after 5:45 pm (after last act at the Gazebo) on September 14th.
- To inform the Hampshire County Arts Council of any special needs or arrangements you may require.
- To provide requested anonymous sales and attendance data in support of the post event evaluation process.
- Each artist is responsible for his/her own sales tax reporting.
ON-LINE Artist Participation Submission:
Step 1 – Submit Form
Step 2 – Submit PayPal Payment
HCAC Members – $10
Non-Members – $25
MAIL-IN Artist Participation Agreement Submission:
- Print the .PDF Form above.
- Mail to Melissa Snell, 399 Great Plains Drive, Capon Bridge, WV 26711.
- You will be contacted with your location assignment and set-up times by September 2.
- For additional information or question please contact Melissa Snell at email@example.com .