Purpose: To provide financial assistance and promotion of Hampshire County, WV, students pursuing a major in the performing arts, visual arts, music, or written arts.
Awards: The amount of $1,000.00 to be applied towards school tuition & fees and/or room & board. Up to two scholarships will be awarded. Please note that funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution in the student’s name.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the U.S. living in Hampshire County, WV.
- Must be a student by the upcoming academic calendar year in a U.S. vocational, two-year (Junior College) or four-year accredited College/University and pursuing a major in the visual or performing arts, music, or written arts.
- Family members of scholarship panel judges are ineligible.
Selection Criteria: Selection is based on a rating system used by every judge. (See Scoring Rubric.) The candidate(s) with the highest combined points will receive the scholarship(s). The judges will consider:
- Portfolio – Quality and demonstration of technical and artistic capability in submitted portfolio work.
- Letters of recommendation (limited to 2)
- In-person panel interview (to be held April 22 – May 6).
- Overall application quality.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE DUE VIA EMAIL OR POST-MARKED BY April 11, 2023.
Mail your application postmarked by April 11, 2023 to:
HCAC Scholarship Program, P.O. Box 624, Romney, WV 26757
Email your application by April 11, 2023 to: info@HampshireArts.org
Forms are also available at the these locations:
Hampshire High School
Hampshire County Public Library
Capon Bridge Public Library
The River House in Capon Bridge
The Hampshire Co-op
For additional information please contact HCAC at email@example.com