Bringing the Arts to Life
In Hampshire County,
The Hampshire County Arts Council fosters the creation, presentation, and enjoyment of the arts in our community.
Up Next… see what’s happening in and around the Hampshire County Arts Community.
DID YOU KNOW???
Hampshire County Art Council is reviewing applications for
Two $1,000 Scholarships will be awarded!
Spring Fine Art Show
At The Hampshire County Public Library
- One of the largest and most diverse Spring Fine Arts Show that the Hampshire County Arts Council has sponsored to date!
- Over 33 Artists from surrounding counties are on display.
- Seven Honorable Mentions were awarded this year.
And the winners are !!!
People’s Choice Awards
- Liz Braun with “Playing by Ear”
- Bill Calvert with “Iron Horse”
- Kristen Colebank with “Turn of Fortune”
- Anna Dolly with “Salt River Foal”
- Mary Fulloon with “Black Walnut Tree”
- Deborah Gay with “Out Building”
- Sybil MacKenzie with “Danae”
Send your poetry entries in today!
A Poetry Tea at Fort Ashby Public Library
** Entry Submission extended till May 2 **
Poetry Tea will be rescheduled….
- Award Presentations and Reading of Winning Poems
- Poetry Readings by audience of their original or favorite poem.**
Come and enjoy a delightful evening of poetry and refreshments.
Click Here for an Entry Form.
- Friends of Ft. Ashby Public Library
- Ice Mountain Writers
- Hampshire County Arts Council
For additional information contact Jack Isemann 304-298-3846 or Fort Ashby Public Library 304-298-4993
** Please keep your poetry readings short and sweet – like 32 lines – and sign up at the front desk at the library.
Spin Straw into Gold
Save the Dates!
Auditions : July 27, 2020
Rehearsals : July 28 – July 31, 2020
Performances : August 1, 2020
JOIN US !!!
Students from grades 1 – 12 are invited to join the professional Tour of Actors and Directors from the Missoula Children’s Theatre.
The production and theatrical workshop will present an adaptation of this musical tale.
Time to Renew Memberships
The Hampshire County Arts Council’s membership year runs from April 1 through March 31 each year, with membership renewal in April. On-Line Renewal is available by clicking the Join/Renewal Online Button or mail your check to Hampshire County Arts Council, P.O. Box 624, Romney, WV 26757.
Your Donations are Appreciated
The Hampshire County Arts Council values our sponsors that are dedicated to continuing the art culture in and around Hampshire County. On-Line Donations are accepted by clicking the Donate Button or by mailing your check to Hampshire County Arts Council, P.O. Box 624, Romney, WV, 26757.
The Hampshire County Arts Council sincerely thanks our faithful sponsors whose contributions allow us to offer the community many events each year.
The Bank of Romney
Dottie Eddis & Lowell Hott
Tim & Beth Reese
Melissa Snell & Larry Manning
Ed & Cheryl Ferguson
Spring Valley Farm & Orchard