Your Donations to the Hampshire County Arts Council will help to promote a the wealth of creativity in our midst. Help us make Hampshire County an more inspiring place for everyone to live. Your support will further the development of the arts in our community.
The Hampshire County Arts Council sees the arts as an integral part of daily life. An art-rich environment enhances the quality of life for residents and visitors, and encourages development, recognition and appreciation of local performers, musicians, artists and writers.
The Hampshire County Arts Council is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, established to foster the practice and enjoyment of all the arts in our community.
Your donations are appreciated!
Pay by Debit or Credit Card…. You do not need a PayPal account to submit your donation.
The Arts Council aims to encourage everyone participating in the arts. Share your talents here locally and nurture a creative exchange between, and among, the various artists in our midst. In turn, all of our actions will benefit the community at large.
Goals of the Hampshire County Arts Council include:
- Increasing local opportunities for the display of visual artworks.
- Presentation of the performing arts
- Publication and public readings of literary works.
The HCAC also organizes educational art programs for those interested in specific art mediums, children’s artistic development, and for the overall community to appreciate and understand a variety of the art forms.
The HCAC is committed to supporting the following activities:
- Share information about resources through the HCAC Website.
- Keep you up-to-date with a Monthly Newsletter informing members about events, activities, and opportunities of interest in and around Hampshire County.
- Profile local artists.
- Organizing Art in Public Places to exhibit local visual artists’ work.
- Promote and organize Arts Actions.
- Present and encourage a wide variety of musical performers.
- Assist art related and non-profit organizations within Hampshire County.
- Offer of Summer Art Camp for Hampshire County children.
- Hosted book signings by local authors, poets & illustrators
- Produced theatrical events such as dramatic readings, poetry readings, public performances, and school performances/workshops.
- Sponsored arts events for elementary and middle school students.
- Donation of art literature to the Hampshire County Library
- Act as an organizational umbrella for the Ice Mountain Writers and encouraged the formation of a local crafter’s guild.
- Sponsor to annual festivals like the Hampshire Highlands Arts & Music Festival and the Spring Fine Arts Festival.
- Assist with the Mountain Rhapsodies program at the WV Schools for the Deaf & Blind.